Child Support Questions / FAQs?
Address Child Support Issues
DO YOU OWE A HIGH BACK CHILD SUPPORT ARREARS BALANCE?
Your past due child support is called “arrears.” It could be a debt you owe to a person, the state, or both. If you owe money to a person, it is usually your child’s custodial parent or guardian. You may owe your debt to the State of Michigan if your child or child’s household gets public benefits or got them while you were ordered to pay child support. Do you owe a high back child support arrears balance? It’s time to act now.
Your child may be older than 18, but you may still owe arrears. Or, you may be paying current support and also owe arrears. Even if you are up-to-date on current support payments, owing past child support can create problems for you.
Owe Back Child Support
- Withholding money from your paycheck or other income
- Placing liens on your real or personal property
- Garnishing your federal and state tax refunds
- Suspending your driving, occupational, and recreational (hunting/fishing) licenses
- Denying or revoking your passport
- Contempt proceedings, which can lead to fines, jail time, and other penalties
If you owe high back child support, call Friends of Fathers for a free consultation to begin the process of getting back on track. We understand what you are going through, and know the steps you need to take, starting today. We can help, so call us today.
CONFERENCE CALL BY COMPLETING
THE INFORMATION BELOW
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS